Go to the Main Scottish Cave and Mine Database Search Page
|NGR:||NR 73920 76490|
|Vert. Range:||Not recorded|
Alternate Names: None recorded.
Notes: Cave visible on air photograph 72/084: 046.
Visited by OS (DWR) 14 June 1973.
Links and Resources:
- Oldham, Tony, 2007, Caves of Scotland: A Bibliography, p. 73.
- Tolan-Smith, Christopher, 2001, Caves of Mid-Argyll, pp. 15, 73-148.
- Canmore Id: 39032. canmore.org.uk/site/39032/ellary-farm.
- HER REF: 11986. www.wosas.net/wosas_site.php?id=11986.
- Campbell and Sandeman, M and M. (1964) 'Mid Argyll: an archaeological survey', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, vol. 95, 1961-2. Page(s): 6, 124, Nos. 12, appendix 82.
- RCAHMS. (1988a) The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Argyll: an inventory of the monuments volume 6: Mid-Argyll and Cowal, prehistoric and early historic monuments. Edinburgh. Page(s): 208, No.359 RCAHMS Shelf Number: A.1.1.INV/24.
- Smith, C. (1989) 'Exacavations at the Ellery Boulder cave', 1988, University of Durham and University of Newcastle upon Tyne: Archaeological Reports. Page(s): 2.
- Smith, C S. (1991) 'Ellary Boulder Cave (S Knapdale parish): Mid Argyll cave and rock shelter survey', Discovery Excav Scot, 1991. Page(s): 56.
- Tolan-Smith, C. (2001) The caves of Mid Argyll: an archaeology of human use, SAS Monograph Series number 20. Edinburgh. Page(s): 73-148, 168-70 RCAHMS Shelf Number: E.2.1.TOL.
This entry was last updated: 2021-11-04 22:58:12
Errors or omissions in this information? Submit corrections/additions/comments for this entry to the registrars.